We are proud to announce the start of the SUSE CaaS (Container as a Service) Platform 2 – Beta Program. Just one month after the release of the official SUSE CaaS Platform 1, we are already in the development cycle of our version 2, and the Public Beta Program is starting today!
The Beta for SUSE CaaS Platform 2 starts on 8th September 2017.
Users of SUSE CaaS Platform 2 will enjoy these new benefits:
- Improve performance and extend your platform with Kubernetes v1.7
- Improve performance with StatefulSets to more quickly start and scale stateful applications that do not have ordering requirements, with automated, rolling updates of stateful applications, and with new support for smart rollback of Kubernetes DeamonSets.
- Extend Kubernetes to meet your needs with your own custom interfaces, or with third party APIs, using Kubernetes v1.7 API aggregation capabilities.
- Increase the availability and reliability of your cluster with Kubernetes Multi-Master setup now integrated with CaaS Platform
- Leverage new hardware with an updated version of SUSE MicroOS
- SUSE MicroOS has been rebased on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3, the latest version of SUSE Linux Enterprise server, and is supported on the same, expanded set of hardware platforms.
- Take advantage of more hardware platforms, including the new Intel Xeon® Processor Scalable family as well as AMD EPYC™ and Ryzen™ processors.
- And more features and technical details will be revealed during the Beta phase!
If you are interested in getting more information and want to beta test SUSE CaaS Platform 2:
- Check out our dedicated beta page: https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/caasp-beta
- Subscribe to our beta mailing list: http://lists.suse.com/mailman/listinfo/caasp-beta.
Stay tuned! we will of course post more updates about our SUSE Beta Program via blog posts, announcement in our beta mailing lists, and dedicated web pages on https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/beta
At SUSE we’re excited to talk with you about our new products and the technology used for building them. We are thankful for you support in trying out our beta products and we welcome your feedback on what we prepared.