This year, we are celebrating 15 years of Linux powering z Systems mainframes. And, to commemorate this most auspicious occasion, we are holding a contest with a seriously fantastic grand prize: airfare, hotel and pass to SUSECon 2015 in Amsterdam!
SUSE has always had a special place in our hearts for the mainframe, beginning work with IBM and the Marist College on bringing Linux to them all the way back in 1999. Finally, at the end of October 2000, we shipped the very first version (SUSE Linux Enterprise) – resulting in what is, in a very real sense, the first enterprise-class Linux distribution.
On to the contest! The rules are simple:
- Post a picture (to Twitter, Google Plus or Facebook) of “SUSE on the Mainframe”. This could be anything from a picture of a SUSE Chameleon plushie on top of a mainframe… to a drawing of a Chameleon digitally added to a picture of a mainframe. Use your imagination!
- Make sure to tag SUSE (“@SUSE” on Twitter, “+SUSE” on Google+ and “@SUSEWorldWide” on Facebook) in your post.
- Include the hashtag “#SUSEonMainframe” in your post. This will make sure we see your entry.
- Get your picture posted no later than October 15th in order to be eligible for the grand prize.
- There are no limits on the number of times you can enter.
- Winners will be announced here, at the SUSE.com blog, as well as on Twitter, G+, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Grand Prize: SUSE will fly you to beautiful Amsterdam, put you up at a hotel and give you a complimentary pass to SUSECon 2015 — taking place November 2nd through 6th.
- 2nd Place: A SUSE-branded, Samsung Galaxy tablet.
- 3rd Place Prize: A large, plush SUSE Chameleon. These guys are big and always in high demand. (1st and 2nd place winners will receive one of this big guys as well.)
Remember: You’ve only got until October 15th to get those pictures in to be eligible for the grand prize!