Security update for sudo
|References:||#1053911 #1058297 #1068003 #1153674|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that solves one vulnerability and has three fixes is now available.
This update for sudo provides the following fix:
Security issue fixed:
- CVE-2019-14287: Fixed an issue where a user with sudo privileges that allowed them to run commands with an arbitrary uid, could run commands as root, despite being forbidden to do so in sudoers (bsc#1153674).
Other issues fixed:
- Cache resolved group names as calling getgrgid() is expensive and on systems connected to AD with many users, groups or sudo rules it causes sudo to take a long time to run (bsc#1068003).
- Disable insults by default at build time. For new installations this was done via sudoers file, but when upgrading from previous versions it would accidentally be enabled (bsc#1053911).
- Enable support for zlib compressed I/O logs (bsc#1058297).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2019-2668=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2019-2668=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 (ppc64le x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS (ppc64le s390x x86_64):