Security update for nginx
|References:||#1115015 #1115022 #1115025|
|Cross-References:||CVE-2018-16843 CVE-2018-16844 CVE-2018-16845|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that fixes three vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for nginx to version 1.14.2 fixes the following issues:
Security vulnerabilities addressed:
- CVE-2018-16843 CVE-2018-16844: Fixed an issue whereby a client using HTTP/2 might cause excessive memory consumption and CPU usage (bsc#1115025 bsc#1115022).
- CVE-2018-16845: Fixed an issue which might result in worker process memory disclosure whne processing of a specially crafted mp4 file with the ngx_http_mp4_module (bsc#1115015).
Other bug fixes and changes made:
- Fixed an issue with handling of client addresses when using unix domain listen sockets to work with datagrams on Linux.
- The logging level of the "http request", "https proxy request", "unsupported protocol", "version too low", "no suitable key share", and "no suitable signature algorithm" SSL errors has been lowered from "crit" to "info".
- Fixed an issue with using OpenSSL 1.1.0 or newer it was not possible to switch off "ssl_prefer_server_ciphers" in a virtual server if it was switched on in the default server.
- Fixed an issue with TLS 1.3 always being enabled when built with OpenSSL 1.1.0 and used with 1.1.1
- Fixed an issue with sending a disk-buffered request body to a gRPC backend
- Fixed an issue with connections of some gRPC backends might not be cached when using the "keepalive" directive.
- Fixed a segmentation fault, which might occur in a worker process if the ngx_http_mp4_module was used on 32-bit platforms.
- Fixed an issue, whereby working with gRPC backends might result in excessive memory consumption.
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Server Applications 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Server-Applications-15-2019-334=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-2019-334=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Server Applications 15 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15 (noarch):