Security update for wpa_supplicant
|References:||#1080798 #1098854 #1099835 #1104205 #1109209 #1111873|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that solves one vulnerability and has 5 fixes is now available.
This update for wpa_supplicant provides the following fixes:
This security issues was fixe:
- CVE-2018-14526: Under certain conditions, the integrity of EAPOL-Key messages was not checked, leading to a decryption oracle. An attacker within range of the Access Point and client could have abused the vulnerability to recover sensitive information (bsc#1104205)
These non-security issues were fixed:
- Fix reading private key passwords from the configuration file. (bsc#1099835)
- Enable PWD as EAP method. This allows for password-based authentication, which is easier to setup than most of the other methods, and is used by the Eduroam network. (bsc#1109209)
- compile eapol_test binary to allow testing via radius proxy and server (note: this does not match CONFIG_EAPOL_TEST which sets -Werror and activates an assert call inside the code of wpa_supplicant) (bsc#1111873), (fate#326725)
- Enabled timestamps in log file when being invoked by systemd service file (bsc#1080798).
- Fixes the default file permissions of the debug log file to more sane values, i.e. it is no longer world-readable (bsc#1098854).
- Open the debug log file with O_CLOEXEC, which will prevent file descriptor leaking to child processes (bsc#1098854).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Basesystem-15-2018-2484=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):