Security update for java-1_7_1-ibm
|Cross-References:||CVE-2018-12539 CVE-2018-1517 CVE-2018-1656 CVE-2018-2940 CVE-2018-2952 CVE-2018-2973|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that fixes 6 vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for java-1_7_1-ibm fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-1517: Fixed a flaw in the java.math component in IBM SDK, which may allow an attacker to inflict a denial-of-service attack with specially crafted String data.
- CVE-2018-1656: Protect against path traversal attacks when extracting compressed dump files.
- CVE-2018-2940: Fixed an easily exploitable vulnerability in the libraries subcomponent, which allowed unauthenticated attackers with network access via multiple protocols to compromise the Java SE, leading to unauthorized read access.
- CVE-2018-2952: Fixed an easily exploitable vulnerability in the concurrency subcomponent, which allowed unauthenticated attackers with network access via multiple protocols to compromise the Java SE, leading to denial of service.
- CVE-2018-2973: Fixed a difficult to exploit vulnerability in the JSSE subcomponent, which allowed unauthenticated attackers with network access via SSL/TLS to compromise the Java SE, leading to unauthorized creation, deletion or modification access to critical data.
- CVE-2018-12539: Fixed a vulnerability in which users other than the process owner may be able to use Java Attach API to connect to the IBM JVM on the same machine and use Attach API operations, including the ability to execute untrusted arbitrary code.
Other changes made:
- Various JIT/JVM crash fixes
- Version update to 188.8.131.52 (bsc#1104668)
You can find detailed information about this update [here](https://developer.ibm.com/javasdk/support/security-vulnerabilities/# IBM_Security_Update_August_2018).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-BCL:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-BCL-2018-1858=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-BCL (x86_64):