Security update for wireshark
|References:||#1044417 #1045341 #1056248 #1056249 #1056251 #1062645 #1070727|
An update that fixes 11 vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for wireshark to version 2.2.11 fixes several issues.
These security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2017-13767: The MSDP dissector could have gone into an infinite
loop. This was addressed by adding length validation (bsc#1056248)
- CVE-2017-13766: The Profinet I/O dissector could have crash with an
out-of-bounds write. This was addressed by adding string validation
- CVE-2017-13765: The IrCOMM dissector had a buffer over-read and
application crash. This was addressed by adding length validation
- CVE-2017-9766: PROFINET IO data with a high recursion depth allowed
remote attackers to cause a denial of service (stack exhaustion) in the
dissect_IODWriteReq function (bsc#1045341)
- CVE-2017-9617: Deeply nested DAAP data may have cause stack exhaustion
(uncontrolled recursion) in the dissect_daap_one_tag function in the
DAAP dissector (bsc#1044417)
- CVE-2017-15192: The BT ATT dissector could crash. This was addressed in
epan/dissectors/packet-btatt.c by considering a case where not all
of the BTATT packets have the same encapsulation level. (bsc#1062645)
- CVE-2017-15193: The MBIM dissector could crash or exhaust system memory.
This was addressed in epan/dissectors/packet-mbim.c by changing the
memory-allocation approach. (bsc#1062645)
- CVE-2017-15191: The DMP dissector could crash. This was addressed in
epan/dissectors/packet-dmp.c by validating a string length. (bsc#1062645)
- CVE-2017-17083: NetBIOS dissector could crash. This was addressed in
epan/dissectors/packet-netbios.c by ensuring that write operations are
bounded by the beginning of a buffer. (bsc#1070727)
- CVE-2017-17084: IWARP_MPA dissector could crash. This was addressed in
epan/dissectors/packet-iwarp-mpa.c by validating a ULPDU length.
- CVE-2017-17085: the CIP Safety dissector could crash. This was addressed
in epan/dissectors/packet-cipsafety.c by validating the packet length.
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4:
zypper in -t patch sdksp4-wireshark-13400=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:
zypper in -t patch slessp4-wireshark-13400=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4:
zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-wireshark-13400=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4 (i586 ia64 ppc64 s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4 (i586 x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4 (i586 ia64 ppc64 s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4 (i586 ia64 ppc64 s390x x86_64):