Security update for kvm
An update that fixes two vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for kvm fixes the following issues:
A security flaw mitigation has been applied:
- CVE-2017-5715: QEMU was updated to allow passing through new MSR and
CPUID flags from the host VM to the CPU, to allow enabling/disabling
branch prediction features in the Intel CPU. (bsc#1068032)
Also a security fix has been applied:
- CVE-2017-2633: Fix various out of bounds access issues in the QEMU vnc
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch slessp3-kvm-13397=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Sale 11-SP3:
zypper in -t patch sleposp3-kvm-13397=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS (i586 s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Sale 11-SP3 (i586):