Recommended update for bash
|References:||#1095661 #1095670 #1100488|
|Affected Products:|| |
An update that has three recommended fixes can now be installed.
This update for bash provides the following fixes:
- Bugfix: Parse settings in inputrc for all screen TERM variables starting with "screen." (bsc#1095661)
- Make the generation of bash.html reproducible. (bsc#1100488)
- Use initgroups(3) instead of setgroups(2) to fix the usage of suid programs. (bsc#1095670)
- Fix a problem that could cause hash table bash uses to store exit statuses from asynchronous processes to develop loops in circumstances involving long-running scripts that create and reap many processes.
- Fix a problem that could cause the shell to loop if a SIGINT is received inside of a SIGINT trap handler.
- Fix cases where a failing readline command (e.g., delete-char at the end of a line) can cause a multi-character key sequence to 'back up' and attempt to re-read some of the characters in the sequence.
- Fix a problem when sourcing a file from an interactive shell, that setting the SIGINT handler to the default and typing ^C would cause the shell to exit.
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Basesystem-15-2018-2177=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15 (noarch):