Security update for Linux Kernel Live Patch 5 for SLE 12 SP1
|References:||#1030467 #1030575 #1031440 #1031481 #1031660|
An update that solves two vulnerabilities and has three fixes is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.59-60_41 fixes several issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2017-7308: The packet_set_ring function in net/packet/af_packet.c in
the Linux kernel did not properly validate certain block-size data,
which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (overflow) or
possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted system calls
- CVE-2017-7294: The vmw_surface_define_ioctl function in
drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/vmwgfx_surface.c in the Linux kernel did not
validate addition of certain levels data, which allowed local users to
trigger an integer overflow and out-of-bounds write, and cause a denial
of service (system hang or crash) or possibly gain privileges, via a
crafted ioctl call for a /dev/dri/renderD* device (bsc#1031440,
- bsc#1030467: Updated Dirty COW fix. The former patch caused some apps to
freeze in rare circumstances
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Live-Patching-12-2017-621=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12 (x86_64):