Recommended update for kiwi
|References:||#1000742 #1003091 #1003595 #1007765 #1008269 #997085|
An update that has 6 recommended fixes can now be installed.
This update provides KIWI v7.03.104, which brings several fixes and
- Fix ip setup in setupNic: The invocation of ip in setupNic was invalid.
The way this was done causes the netmask to be set as broadcast address.
Also, fix lease request in wicked call. (bsc#1003091)
- Fix for using ext4 in read/write mode for SLE-11 images built on a
SLE-12 build host. (bsc#1008269)
- Fixed mountSystemClicFS for older distributions: On SLE-11 the ext4
filesystem support is available in read only mode by default. In order
to allow read/write access the filesystem parameters need to be adapted.
- Fixed typo in comments: clicfs container is an ext4, not ext3.
- UpdateOtherDeviceFstab method was erroneously overwriting the variable
$1 with the value of $2, which is always empty. (bsc#1007765)
- Fixed waitForStorageDevice: Value for storage_size was not really used.
- Put setupNetworkWicked in line with former dhcpcd: The way
setupNetworkWicked implements the dhcp discovery was incomplete.
- Fix assembling of mdraid array: When udev discovers an mdraid array it
partially starts the array. That is interfering with the mdadm
--assemble call by kiwi which leads to a busy state and an array in
inactive state. Therefore the method should wait until the raid array
really exists no matter if the assembling is started by udev or kiwi's
mdadm call. In addition, if the array got assembled but is incomplete
because devices are missing or the timeout is fired, an additional call
to start any array that has been partially assembled is required.
pxeRaidAssemble will throw an exception if after this call no md device
with a size greater than 0 will show up after a timeout. (bsc#1000742)
- Fix waitForStorageDevice: The function will return success if the size
of the storage device can be obtained and is greater than zero. The pure
success on reading from the block layer is not enough. In order to
actually work with the device it must provide a size greater than 0.
- Fix creation of etc/crypttab: The method setupCryptTab creates
etc/crypttab from the given storage device. However in a raid setup the
correct /dev/mdX device needs to be used and not one of the storage
devices in the raid array. (bsc#1003595)
- Fix broken console when displaying dialogs: HideSplash method used to
hide the splash
only if there was an active console, however the dialogs appear broken
if the splash isn't hidden and in some cases is hard to check if there
is an active consoles (i.e. after umount /sys or mount --move /dev
To install this SUSE Recommended Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP2-2016-1660=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2016-1660=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2016-1660=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2016-1660=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2 (aarch64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2 (noarch):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2 (aarch64 ppc64le x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2 (ppc64le x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2 (noarch):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2 (x86_64):