OVAL Descriptions for SUSE Linux Enterprise products
OVAL® is a XML description and reporting format used to assess and report the state of an operating system. More in depth information about OVAL can be found on the Mitre OVAL website.
SUSE is currently providing OVAL information for SUSE Linux Enterprise products that allows to assess and report on the RPM package versions affected by known security issues in a CVE to RPM name/version mapping.
This information is currently published per major product line for all processor architectures in one XML file:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (all Service Packs) - suse.linux.enterprise.server.11.xml (10 MB)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (all Service Packs) - suse.linux.enterprise.desktop.11.xml (10 MB)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (all Service Packs) - suse.linux.enterprise.server.10.xml
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 (all Service Packs) - suse.linux.enterprise.desktop.10.xml
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 - suse.linux.enterprise.server.9.xml