Removing an OSD using ceph orch requires some additional cleanup
This document (000020642) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
1. The OSD is removed from the cluster to the point that it is not visible anymore in the crush map and its auth entry (ceph auth ls) is removed.
2. Example "cephadm shell -- timeout --verbose 10 ceph --connect-timeout=5 orch ps --format yaml" excerpt, in this case the OSD ID removed was OSD.10:
- '<date>T<time> daemon:osd.10 [ERROR] "auth get failed: failed to find
osd.10 in keyring retval: -2"'
3. systemd still shows the service in a failed state on the OSD host, excerpt:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020642
- Creation Date: 21-Apr-2022
- Modified Date:21-Apr-2022
- SUSE Enterprise Storage
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com