chroot failing with: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
This document (000020553) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
chroot: failed to run command ‘/bin/bash’: No such file or directory
- Making sure the real root filesystem is mounted.
- Ensuring that /bin/bash exists.
- All needed libraries are installed.
- Restoring the system from a valid backup.
- Wrong root filesystem mounted. Double check if mounted disk is the real root filesystem.
- The /bin/bash executable is missing or symbolic link pointing to non-existing/wrong file.
- The libraries needed to run /bin/bash are missing. "ldd" could be used to check for the needed libraries.
- The root filesystem is missing either /lib or /lib64 directory.
- Document ID:000020553
- Creation Date: 22-Feb-2022
- Modified Date:24-Feb-2022
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com