Server slows down and csh consumes a lot of memory due to corrupted .history file
This document (000020278) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12 SP4
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12 SP5
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 15
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 15 SP1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 15 SP2
- Stop all process running via csh. In other words; All processes running from <SID>adm
- Update tcsh by running:
- zypper install tcsh-6.18.01-8.17.1 on SLES 12
- zypper install tcsh-6.20.00-4.15.1 on SLES 15
- Remove the corrupted ~/.history file from <SID>adm home directory. Or any other users who have similar shell.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020278
- Creation Date: 10-Jun-2021
- Modified Date:11-Jun-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com