How to confirm a version upgrade of Rancher v2.x is completed successfully
This document (000020078) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
This article details how to confirm that a Rancher version upgrade has successfully completed.
- A Rancher v2.x instance, either a single Docker container or a Highly Available (HA) installation in Kubernetes
- A Rancher version upgrade performed per the Rancher upgrade documentation
The following can be verified to confirm that the Rancher component containers have all been successfully upgrade to the newer version:
- Within the Rancher UI, confirm the version in the bottom-left corner displays the newer version.
- For a HA installation, confirm the rancher Deployment Pods within the cattle-system namespace of the Rancher cluster have all been updated to the newer version.
- Confirm that the Rancher agent workloads (the cattle-node-agent DaemonSet and cattle-cluster-agent Deployment in the cattle-system namespace) in all of the Rancher managed clusters have been updated to the newer version.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020078
- Creation Date: 06-May-2021
- Modified Date:06-May-2021
- SUSE Rancher
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com