SUSE Manager CVE and Urgent Patch Fast Track Channel Configuration
This document (000019905) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
This solution simplifies deployment of CVEs or other urgent patches in between patch cycles, by "injecting” them in to a pre-configured channel that does not interfere with the normal patching cycle.
- Go to Software, Channel List, My Channels, Click Create Channel (top-right hyper-link).
- Channel Name = FastTrackSLES15SP2
- Channel Label = fast_track_sles15sp2
- Parent Channel - choose corresponding CLM parent channel
- Channel Summary = “CVEs” (whatever description you wish)
- Channel Description = “For injecting CVEs in to patch cycle” (whatever description you wish)
- Click Create Channel.
2. Assign "FastTrackSLESxxSPx" to client systems…
Note: client systems must be powered on and communicating with the SUMA server for channel assignment changes to succeed.
For single systems…
- Go to System, System List, click on the desired system's hyper-link.
- Go to Software, Software Channels, check the FastTrackSLES15SP2 checkbox, then click Next, then click Confirm.
For multiple systems...
- Go to System, System List, check the check-boxes of the desired corresponding systems.
- Go to Systems, System Set Manager (SSM), Overview, click on Manage system’s channel memberships hyperlink.
- Select No Change for the Desired base channel. Click Next.
- Select the Subscribe radio button for the FastTrackSLESxxSPx child channel, leave the remaining radio buttons on No change.
- Click Next, then click Confirm.
3. Go to Software, Manage, Channels and choose the FastTrackSLESxxSPx child channel.
- Go to Patches, then Add patches.
- Click on the Add SUSE Patches hyperlink.
- Uncheck the Package Association checkbox, choose the appropriate channel from the Channel dropdown box (ie. SLE-Module-Basesystem15-SP2-Updates for x86_64), then click the View Associated Patches button, then choose the appropriate patch.
- Click Confirm, then Confirm again.
4. Click on Packages, then List/Remove Packages, and the packages associated with the patch just added should have populated the Channel Packages list.
5. Go to Systems, System List, and the systems subscribed to the CLM FastTrackSLESxxSPx child channel will show updates available once it refreshes.
Going forward simply "inject" CVEs and/or urgent patches in to the the Fast Track channel as necessary.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000019905
- Creation Date: 15-Apr-2021
- Modified Date:15-Apr-2021
- SUSE Manager for Retail
- SUSE Manager Server
- SUSE Manager
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com