Root disk mounted as Read-Only prevents system from booting
This document (7024031) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Use mdadm-3.3.1-10.13.1
- Install the newer version: mdadm-3.3.1-10.27.4 which is available in the SLES11-SP4-LTSS-Updates repository
- Boot the system from SLES DVD and select Rescue Mode
- Change root ins rescue mode : See TID 7018126
- Mount SLES DVD like step 3 in : TID 7021125
- Remove the current installed mdadm from the system: rpm -e mdadm
- Install the mdadm-3.3.1-5.7 from SLES DVD as this: rpm -Uhv --force --oldpackage /path-to-sles-dvd/suse/x86_64/mdadm-*.rpm
- Reboot the system
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7024031
- Creation Date: 24-Jul-2019
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com