MozillaFirefox on SLES11 fails to load with XPCOMGlueLoad error
This document (7022684) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 4 (SLES 11 SP4)
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/lib64/firefox/libxul.so:
/usr/lib64/libgio-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_thread_gettime
Couldn't load XPCOM.
1. Use an rpm + grep to find any residual firefox3 packages:
hostname:~ # rpm -qa | grep firefox3
2. Run an rpm -e <package 1> <package 2> ... etc. to remove these packages from the system:
hostname:~ # rpm -e firefox3-glib2 firefox3-apk firefox3-cairo firefox3-pango ...
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7022684
- Creation Date: 23-Feb-2018
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org