Upgrade SLES11 Xen DomU to SLES12
This document (7018463) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 4 (SLES 11 SP4)
On a SLES11 Dom0, the virt-manager GUI application has the means to upgrade an existing DomU system.
This feature was removed from the virt-manager GUI on SLES12 but the dialog is still accessible by running the "vm-install" command on the Dom0. If running a SLES12 Xen, please proceed to step 2 after launching this dialog.
1. Select "New" at the top left corner of the Virtual Machine Manager
2. Choose "I need to upgrade an existing operating system" from the given options.
3. After selecting the DomU on the next screen and choosing the SLES12 installation media, select the "Upgrade" button.
4. (if needed) If the Xen guest is still powered on, the following dialogue box will be presented:
Once the guest is shut off, the upgrade can then be started by selecting the "Upgrade" button again.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7018463
- Creation Date: 09-Jan-2017
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com