SUSE Manager Migration 2.1 to 3.0 with only one subscription available
This document (7018323) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Manager 3
- Start a SLES 12 SP1 installation for a new server, which will be the new SUSE Manager 3.0 server.
- A SLES registration key will be needed. This can be provided without the need of performing any other step.
- When selecting the extensions, and choosing "SUSE Manager 3.0" extension, a SUSE Manager code will be requested. Do not enter it yet.
- Start a web browser an go to scc.suse.com.
Log in with your credentials and select the systems tab. Then search for SUSE Manager 2.1.
Select the option to "de-register" it. Only Organization administrators are allowed to do that.
- Now it is possible to enter the SUSE Manager code in the installation wizard.
- Continue with the migration steps as usual
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7018323
- Creation Date: 24-Nov-2016
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Manager
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com