VNC fails on SLE11 "Error:access denied ("java.net.SocketPermission""10.0.0.1:5901""connect,resolve")
This document (7016151) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 1 (SLES 11 SP1)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 2 (SLES 11 SP2)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 3 (SLES 11 SP3)
"Error:access denied ("java.net.SocketPermission""10.0.0.1:5901""connect,resolve")
(note the IP address will be your server you are trying to access, not 10.0.0.1)
1) Downgrade Java on the Windows client you are trying to connect from to Java7.
2) Use an alternate VNC application on the client such as TightVNC or UltraVNC
A fix for this issue has been released for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 in
tightvnc-1.3.9-81.15.1 and later.
Customers with Long Term Service Pack Support (LTSS) should contact technical support
to request this fix.
- Document ID:7016151
- Creation Date: 05-Feb-2015
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com