How to backup and restore permissions
This document (7015177) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Permissions are incorrect because the cp command was ran without the argument -p for keep permissions
Launch a terminal session and change to the parent of the directory that needs to be backed up
Type getfacl -R /usr > p.acl to create a permissions file called p.acl
- Copy the p.acl to the server where you want to restore permissions on
- Launch a terminal session and change to the directory of the p.acl file
- type setfacl --restore=p.acl to restore the permissions
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7015177
- Creation Date: 11-Jun-2014
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com