Bonding on SLES11SP2 Hyper-V guest fails after update to kernel 3.0.38-0.5 or later
This document (7011418) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Setting up (localfs) network interfaces:
lo IP address: 127.0.0.1/8
IP address: 127.0.0.2/8
done eth0 name: Virtual Ethernet Card 0
eth0 Starting DHCP4 client. .
eth0 IP address: 192.168.1.12/24
done eth1 name: Virtual Ethernet Card 1
done eth2 name: Virtual Ethernet Card 2
Could not enslave interface 'eth1'
Could not enslave interface 'eth2'
Removing bonding interface 'bond0'
Setting up service (localfs) network . . . . . . . . . .done
- Start the Hyper-V Manager
- Shutdown the virtual machine
- Open the settings for the virtual machine
- Activate "enable spoofing of MAC addresses" for each involved network interface supported by the hv_netvsc driver
The legacy network controller is supported by the kernel tulip module and is not affected by this change.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7011418
- Creation Date: 23-Nov-2012
- Modified Date:06-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com