UEFI based systems boot directly into installation, no option for rescue system
This document (7010054) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
noticed on: IBM xSeries x3850, HS22
To start the system in legacy mode please consult the hardware vendors BIOS / system manual.
A different way to access the rescue system is by aborting the installation in the following way:
- Click "Abort" on the installation welcome screen
- The following message shows up "An error occurred during the installation", press OK
- Select "Start installation"
- Select "Start rescue system"
- Select "DVD / CD-ROM"
The rescue system will load.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7010054
- Creation Date: 25-Jan-2012
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org