How to use "screen" to mirror screens between different users
This document (7005007) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 2
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 3
- In the home directory of user1 create the .screenrc file that has the following lines
- As root change the permissions of /usr/bin/screen to 4755. This will add the SUID bit.
server:~ # ll /usr/bin/screen
-rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 308896 2007-05-03 07:44 /usr/bin/screen
- As user1 run "screen"
- From a different terminal as user2 run "screen -x user1/". The / is necessary
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7005007
- Creation Date: 10-Dec-2009
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org