Yast2 online update to SLES10 SP2 / SP3 via NFS fails
This document (7001502) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Although the installation sources are existant on the NFS server, Yast2 Online Update was failing, complaining that packages are not found even though the packages were there at the right path.
# cd /susesoftware/sles10/64bit/DVD/SP2/CD1/
# ln -s patches/repodata/ ./
- There is no need to create the link /susesoftware/sles10/64bit/DVD/SP2/CD1/patches/suse -> ../suse.
- On the Clients, while specifying the "Installation Source" ( YaST -> Software -> Installation Source), give "Path to Directory" = /susesoftware/sles10/64bit/DVD/SP2/CD1/
- Restart the update.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7001502
- Creation Date: 02-Oct-2008
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com