XEN: DomU using tap:aio could not be started
This document (7000742) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
DomU is is configured to use tap:aio for the disk images.
One of the following messages
Error: Device 51952 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working
Error: Device /dev/xvdp (tap) could not be disconnected.
is seen when starting domU with
- Update Dom0 to SLES10 SP2. Refer to TID 7000387 - How to update to SLES/SLED 10 SP2 for details.
- When multipath is used, use a multipath configuration /etc/multipath.conf and blacklist the device /dev/xvdp in it.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000742
- Creation Date: 24-Jun-2008
- Modified Date:14-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com