XEN: Unable to add a new disk using virt-manager to para-virtual DomU's
This document (7000594) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Further, attempting to use the "add storage device" functions in SLES 10 SP2 may be unpredictable. Specifically, it has been noted that:
- A failure message may appear, however when the machine is rebooted the new device is added
- Multiple attempts to add the a disk may result in virtual disks pointed at the same disk. This may prevent the DomU from booting
- Failures are sporadic and unpredictable. Depending on the guest, it may or may not work
Please see the documentation for instructions on using command line utilities to create and/or add disks to DomU's.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000594
- Creation Date: 05-Jun-2008
- Modified Date:15-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com