Evolution recipients lost in sent email
This document (7000011) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
No errors or warnings were received.
The intended recipients where first selected from the Address Book, but then some of them where moved across the TO, CC or BCC fields using Cut & Paste functionality.
When looking at the sent item is possible to see that the moved recipients are actually missing from the recipients list, and with them also the recipients originally present in the source field of the moved ones.
To avoid any potential lose of recipients the user should double check to verify that all the address or recipients present in the TO, CC or BCC list of the composing email are actually shown as underlined.
Evolution use the underlined fonts to indicate that the recipients are actually valid recipients.
The correct way to move recipients across TO, CC or BCC fields if they were previously selected from the Address Book, is to go back to the address book again pushing the TO, CC or BCC button and made the intended modifications.
1) Open Evolution client and create a new mail;
2) click on the TO: field to select recipients of you email;
3) Select to add one valid recipient to the TO: field and 2 to the CC: field, you should end up with something like:
To: Christian Foo
CC: Christian Gmail, Christian Myrealbox
(all of this names are underlined)
4) highlight ", Christian Myrealbox" from the CC: field and choose to "Cut" (CTRL+X)
5) place the cursor at the end of "Christian Foo" in the TO: field and select Paste (CTRL+V), you will end up with something like:
To: Christian Foo, Christian Myrealbox
CC: Christian Gmail
(Christian Myrealbox and Christian GMail will NOT be underlined)
6) Insert a subject and a body message and then click Send;
7) No warning or errors will be triggered, however if you go to check to the Sent Items you will see that the message was sent to the following recipients only:
TO: Christian Foo
Not only Christian Myrealbox was not added to the TO: recipients, but also
Christian Gmail was stripped out from the CC: recipients; this despite of being
In this example all the names where registered in the Address Book as a valid email addresses.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000011
- Creation Date: 07-Apr-2008
- Modified Date:16-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com