SLED10 : Importing Video from IEEE1394 Devices
This document (3967163) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
IEEE1394 video port
IEEE1394 video device
- Ensure that the Kino package is installed. This is done by clicking the "Computer" button at the bottom of the screen, then "Install Software". Type "kino" into the search box, and click "Search". Ensure that Kino is selected.
- Launch the Kino application. This is performed by clicking on the"Computer" button, then "More Applications". In the "Audio& Video" section should be a directors board icon for kino. Click on it. It will bring up a window.
- Click on the "Capture" tab. It is found on the right side of the window.
- Ensure the "File:" edit box at the bottom points to the users' home directory performing the import. It is found at the bottom of the interface
- Click on the "Capture" button. This will copy from the digital video tape the video files in "*.dv" format, which is native to most digital video devices. The application will also present a list of imported video's, and it's specific information.
- Export this to another project or format using the "Export" tab. If desired, prior to exporting, the video may be modified, edited, or"reordered". Save as needed.
ieee1394: Current remote IRM is not 1394a-2000 compliant, resetting...
ieee1394: Node added: ID:BUS[0-00:1023] GUID[00804580c128c421]
ieee1394: Node changed: 0-00:1023 ->0-01:1023
ieee1394: raw1394: /dev/raw1394 device initialized
Additionally, if problems are encountered, try different cables. Some cables have improper impedence, causing the system to detect things inappropriately.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3967163
- Creation Date: 10-Apr-2007
- Modified Date:05-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com