SLED10 : configuring Active Directory authentication
This document (3807168) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Ensure the required packages are installed.
- Start YaST (Alt-F2, and type in yast2, and press Enter).
- On the left side, click on "Security and Users".
- Click on "User Management".
- At the bottom, click on "Expert Options" and then"Authentication and User Sources".
- Click on the "Samba" link.
- For the "Domain or Workgroup" setting, type the name of the Active Directory domain.
- Select "Also Use SMB Information for Linux Authentication".
- Select "Create Home Directory on Login".
- Click "Finish".
- If prompted to add the computer to the domain, do so. If the computer is to be added, a prompt for the Active Directory credentials required will be given.
- Log out and log back in as one of the Active Directory users to ensure the system is operational.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3807168
- Creation Date: 21-Aug-2006
- Modified Date:31-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org