Unable to edit or delete sound card in YaST.
This document (3809192) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
Sound card installed.
In YaST under Hardware-->Sound the sound card appears on the list but if you select "Edit" the window will close. If you select "Delete" nothing happens. If you select Other-->Volume nothing happens.
2. Change directory to /etc/sysconfig/hardware.
3. Find out which file holds the sound information by running"grep sound *"
The result should be something like:
hwcfg-vpid-1022-746d-1014-02b7:# YaST configured sound card snd-card-0
The file name in this case is"hwcfg-vpid-1022-746d-1014-02b7". Delete the file.
"rm hwcfg-vpid-1022-746d-1014-02b7" (replace the file name with your result from the previous command)
4. Reboot the system and go back into YaST and configure the sound card.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3809192
- Creation Date: 13-Feb-2007
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com