Setup network bonding using YaST2 lan module
This document (3752896) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Start YaST2 and start the Network Card module
- In the Network Setup Method select 'Traditional method with ifup' and press next to enter the'Network Card Configuration Overview'
- This provides an overview about the available network devices to configure.
- Select the device to configure first and press edit
- First set the device to'None Address Setup'
- On the 'General' tab set the'Device Activation' status to 'Never'
- Press 'Next' to finish the first device.
- Continue steps 5 until 7 for the devices which shall be added to the bond device. All devices will be listed in the 'Network Card Configuration Overview' without address.
- Once all network cards are'configured', press the 'Add ' button in the 'Network Card Configuration Overview'. This will start the 'Manual Network Card Configuration'.
Select as device type 'bond' and press next.
- Now the bond device can be configured like a normal network card. From the 'Bond Slaves' listing one can select the NICs belonging to the bonded device. If a device is not listed here but was configured, it probably was set to the wrong activation mode.
The 'Bond Driver Options' field can be used to pass options to the bond device. Press 'Next' to finish the setup.
- The bonded device should now be listed in the 'Network Card Configuration Overview'
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3752896
- Creation Date: 31-Jan-2008
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com