Unable to open OpenOffice attachments from Evolution using left mouse button double click
This document (3588919) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
1) Open Evolution and create a New Mail
2) Enter any subject, recipient and body to that mail
3) left click on the bottom of the mail view to show the attachment bar
4) Right click in the attachment bar and choose Add Attachment
5) Add an open office attachment picking it up from your local file system
6) Once the attachment is there in your email, double click with left mouse button to open it:
assuming that the file was "/root/Desktop/testdoc.odt" you will get the following error:
//rootfile:/root/Desktop/testdoc.odt does not exist.
- If you use Right-Click | Open In OpenOffice.org this will work with no issue;
- If you Save the email as Draft, close it, and open it again from the Draft folder, the double click will properly work;
- If you use any other type of attachments, tested with gedit and kwrite documents, the issue does not happens.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3588919
- Creation Date: 26-Feb-2008
- Modified Date:13-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com