Server Wont Boot After Latest YaST Online Update (kernel-vfe)
This document (3522810) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Support Pack 3
YaST Online Update (YOU Update)
Error: reiserfs: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
Error: insmod: error inserting'/lib/modules/2.6.5-7.244-vfe/kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko': -1 Invalid module format
Error: Waiting for device /dev/sda2 to appear: .....not found
Error: No root device found: exiting to /bin/sh
1. Boot off of an install CD
2. Choose the INSTALLATION option
3. Accept the License agreement
4. Choose the language
5. Choose BOOT INSTALLED SYSTEM. This will boot the system using the kernel off of the CD.
6. After receiving a prompt, follow the command sequence below:
rpm -e kernel-vfe
ln -s initrd-2.6.5-7.244-default initrd (replace kernel with your verion)
Formerly known as TID# 10100071
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3522810
- Creation Date: 25-Jan-2007
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org