UNC paths show up empty when hosted on SLE10 SP1 Samba server
This document (3465258) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1
Microsoft Windows Vista
The following samba version are affected:
samba-3.0.24-2.23 (part of SLE 10 SP1)
samba-3.0.24-2.28 (SP1 online update)
1. Mapping a drive lists all the contents of the share. The issue only occurs if browsing via Network Places or via UNC.
2. Set the following parameter in the [global] section of the /etc/samba/smb.conf file and restart smbd:
host msdfs = no
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3465258
- Creation Date: 02-Oct-2007
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com