Troubleshooting a privileged (Dom0) Xen kernel
This document (3458354) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
To troubleshoot a crashing Xen kernel in Dom0 using the GNU debugger gdb, proceed as follows:
- Set up a serial console. Refer to TID 3456486 - Configuring a Remote Serial Console for SLES.
- Refer to the /usr/share/doc/packages/xen/README.SuSEfor general information about troubleshooting Xen-related issues.
- Refer to the /usr/share/doc/packages/xen/misc/crashdb.txt file from the "xen-tools" package for details on how to connect gdb to the crashed system.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3458354
- Creation Date: 05-Feb-2008
- Modified Date:25-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com