Autofs direct maps do not work
This document (3382845) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
# Master map for automounter
# Direct directory map for automounter
/usr/local ‑ro,hard,actimeo=360,retry=500 server1:/export/path
/opt/software ‑ro,hard,actimeo=360,retry=500 server1:/export/software
- If the direct mount map refers to a mount within an existing filesystem, then the upper levels of that filesystem will be hidden, because an autofs filesystem will be mounted over them. For example, '/usr/local ‑ro,hard,actimeo=360,retry=500 server1:/export/path' will not work as expected, because/usrwill be broken out and overmounted.
- It cannot deal with single directory direct mounts. Consequently, something like: '/data host:/local/data' will not work.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3382845
- Creation Date: 24-Jul-2007
- Modified Date:13-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com