DescriptionMultiple buffer overflows in CIFS VFS in Linux kernel 2.6.23 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via long SMB responses that trigger the overflows in the SendReceive function.
Overall state of this security issue: Resolved
This issue is currently rated as having moderate severity.
|National Vulnerability Database|
|Access Vector||Adjacent Network|
SUSE Security Advisories:
- SUSE-SA:2007:063, published Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2007:064, published Tue, 04 Dec 2007 11:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2008:013, published Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2008:017, published Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2008:030, published Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:00:00 +0000
SUSE Timeline for this CVECVE page created: Tue Jul 9 16:33:41 2013
CVE page last modified: Fri Dec 8 16:23:21 2023