DescriptionThe suid_dumpable support in Linux kernel 2.6.13 up to versions before 18.104.22.168, and 2.6.16 before 22.214.171.124, allows a local user to cause a denial of service (disk consumption) and possibly gain privileges via the PR_SET_DUMPABLE argument of the prctl function and a program that causes a core dump file to be created in a directory for which the user does not have permissions.
Overall state of this security issue: Resolved
This issue is currently rated as having important severity.
|National Vulnerability Database|
SUSE Security Advisories:
- SUSE-SA:2006:042, published Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2006:047, published Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2006:049, published Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SR:2006:016, published Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SR:2006:017, published Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:00:00 +0000
SUSE Timeline for this CVECVE page created: Fri Jun 28 02:49:44 2013
CVE page last modified: Fri Oct 7 12:45:33 2022