SUSE and Intel are working closely together to offer customers solutions and innovations for the data center of the future.
SUSE & Intel
Open source has transformed the computing landscape. It is changing economic models and creating new enterprise dynamics. In this changing world, the stability of Intel and SUSE innovation is rock solid. This strategic alliance stretches back for decades, with Intel Xeon processors and SUSE Linux Enterprise bringing out the excellence in each other with joint enablement of hardware and software innovation technologies. And it continues with performance and innovation for the future data center including OpenStack software, a proven, viable solution for the production of private cloud environments.
SUSE and Intel have a joint commitment to identify the requirements of the data center and to work on new data center technologies to drive innovation. SUSE has a long history as the foundation for networking solutions for some of the world's largest telecommunications companies, and SUSE solutions like SUSE OpenStack Cloud provide a reliable, open foundation for today's NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) and SDN (Software Defined Networking) technologies:
- Private cloud computing with SUSE OpenStack Cloud
- Intel Network Builder Program
- SUSE SolidDriver program
"For close to two decades, Intel and SUSE have worked closely to offer reliable, efficient and high-performance solutions for mission-critical applications powered by Intel Xeon processors. Intel has worked with SUSE via its partner Linux driver program SUSE SolidDriver to ensure customers can easily take advantage of the latest innovations from Intel."
-Mauri Whalen, Intel vice president, Software and Services Group, and director of core system software in the Open Source Technology Center
News & Events
When it's time to deploy a reliable and future-proven business-critical environment, Intel and SUSE are the partners to work with.
Customers explain how SUSE and Intel have helped them meet and exceed their goals:
- Delta Lloyd reduced management costs by standardizing on a single Linux distribution—SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Getronics supports a web-enabled customer information system for almost two million customers
- FIS-ASP Offers "Proof of Concept" for High-Performing SAP HANA OpenStack Cloud
- FIS-ASP (Germany) and SUSE Video
- Consol Glass: Reached 99.999% availability for business-critical SAP applications
- Porsche Informatik switched from a UNIX-based platform to SUSE Linux Enterprise
- Pleiades Supercomputer represents NASA's state-of-the-art technology for meeting the agency's supercomputing requirements, enabling NASA scientists and engineers to conduct modeling and simulation for NASA missions