Sharing Open Source Knowledge, Training Curriculum, Tools, Support and a Low-cost Education Buying Program for the Educational Community.
As a leading Open Source company, SUSE supports schools, higher learning institutions and the academic community in getting free access to its experience and knowledge gained over the years.
As part of this program SUSE provides, among other things, the following benefits for recognized institutes at a high level:
- Training—Materials for certified Linux and other courses, both for trainers and students.
- Curriculum—Allow campus-use of these materials for student education by faculty staff.
- Using SUSE—A highly beneficial buying program for participants to buy SUSE products at the right level of support, including special products and terms and conditions only available and priced for educational institutes.
- Development Resources—Access to tools and products for using in lab, software development or other education settings.
- Support—Access to knowledgebase, forums and technical support.
Volume License Agreement for Education
We have specialized buying programs to streamline software licensing. Use a SUSE buying program to purchase all of your software licenses, maintenance, and receive volume discounts. VLA provides a flexible, easy, and affordable way to purchase your solutions.
Schools, Universities & Administration
- Schools & universities accredited/recognized/approved by their local/state/federal/provincial government
- Supervisory organizations of qualified schools or other educational institutions
- State departments of education
- Boards of education
- School district administrative offices
- Local education authorities
- Non-profit teaching hospitals
- Have its primary affiliation be with an accredited degree-granting college or university that would be eligible for participation in the ALA
- Have a formally documented teaching affiliation with either a nationally accredited medical school for a clerkship, internship, or residency program for medical students or a nationally accredited nursing school which grants the RN or LPN/LVN degree
- Be governed by a University Board of Regents or similar authority
Educational Public Facilities
- Non-profit museums
Can my institute and I participate in the SUSE Academic Program? If your institute qualifies https://www.suse.com/licensing/academic/qualify.html You and your institute can participate.
We have SUSE products under support but want to use some SUSE technology in a Lab setting for educational purposes. Can we do that without software compliance issues? If you have signed up for the SUSE Academic program you gain free use of evaluation subscriptions with a long evaluation period (some products for one year, some far longer). This is specifically for the use of SUSE technology for non-profit educational lab and evaluation purposes.
When we’ve signed up for the SUSE Academic Program we would like to include SUSE Certified Administrative course in our curriculum. Would it be possible to do that? You would gain full access to Trainer and Student Material for your use for non-commercial training.
Has SUSE changed their pricing under VLA-Education with the introduction of the SUSE Academic program? SUSE Academic program product pricing and offering has been adjusted. The list price for SUSE Linux for Education with Self Support has been lowered, and additional products have been added (e.g. unlimited virtualization, Life-Cycle Management). Therefore we would strongly recommend to review the changes with your local partner or SUSE directly.