- What are the 3 key ingredients that help drive AI and machine learning?
- What are the blockers that organizations run up against when imbedding AI?
- The keys to using AI to tackle digital transformation
Artificial intelligence (or AI) and machine learning are big buzz words today and it is easy to find all kinds of articles touting the benefits of the technology. However, business leaders are not just looking for the latest, cutting edge technology but are keenly interested in technology that can be applied to their business challenges.
Brent Schroeder, SUSE chief technology officer, Americas, recently spoke on this topic at Fujitsu Forum and provided some sound advice that organizations need to think about when considering how AI can be used to drive tangible business outcomes and the findings may surprise you.
1. What are the enablers?
If you are like me, I bet that considering the enablers was not the first thing you think about when thinking about how AI will help your organization. Yet the convergence of three key “ingredients” that Brent cites make sense – they are data, compute power and the surrounding technology that is creating and consuming the data. The good news is that if you get the key enablers together, benefits tend to come pretty quickly.
2. What are the blockers that inhibit organizations from using AI?
Unsurprisingly, collecting enough data is one of the blockers to organizations using AI successfully. And the next blocker Schroder highlighted was defining the problem which makes a lot of sense.
Schroeder also touched on how DevOps can help when adopting AI. One of the key things he highlighted is organizational buy in. He said, “As much technology as we can develop, and automate and so forth, it all comes down to the people in carrying it out and executing it.”
What are his key messages to the C-suite when using AI to tackle digital transformation?
- Start with clear organizational goals
- Define measurable business objectives
- Start with a focused, tangible project to learn quickly
- Collaborate and innovate with you peer group – like SUSE!
You can see the full interview with Schroeder at https://www.facebook.com/fujitsuICT/videos/1943275635979963