The path to a more secure SAP platform with a comprehensive guide for safeguarding your SAP
Organizations are concerned about the security of our SAP system, as it is the backbone of our business operations. They recognize the importance of having a secure SAP environment. However, they are unsure where to begin to achieve the goal of a more secure SAP platform. How should you design your SAP platform to guarantee a higher level of security? What are the key aspects that you need to consider? These are the crucial questions addressed in this new e-book titled « The Gorilla Guide to A Secure SAP Platform: How to Secure Your SAP Platform. » a comprehensive guide for safeguarding your SAP platform.
The e-book is a comprehensive guide for safeguarding your SAP platform. It covers the pillars of a secure SAP platform and the importance of adhering to best practices. Explaining why it is essential to have hardened systems, utilize management and monitoring tools, and continuously validate best practices when deploying secure systems to ensure the SAP platform’s effectiveness and reliability. We’ll also introduce new concepts like the patching paradox, how it affects SAP systems and solutions to overcome it. For more information on the patching paradox, check out my blog post titled « Solving the patching paradox challenge: How important is it to enforce a security policy in an SAP environment. »
We elaborate on the key topics and explain how a leading provider of enterprise-grade Linux and open-source solutions, like SUSE, helps in each subject. This guide equips you with the knowledge and tools to fortify and protect your SAP infrastructure from potential threats.
The guide will provide actionable insights, expert advice, and real-world examples to empower you to secure your SAP platform effectively. With « The Gorilla Guide to A Secure SAP Platform, » you’ll gain the knowledge to mitigate risks, protect your critical business data, and ensure the integrity of your SAP operations.
We emphasize the importance of the SAP platform and show you solutions to issues as well as some tricks and tips. Of course, we include how to have an OS endorsed by SAP, like SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications, which is the platform’s foundation.
Here’s a glimpse into the chapters covered in « The Gorilla Guide to A Secure SAP Platform »:
- Chapter 1 – Introduction to SAP security: Gain a solid foundation in SAP security by understanding the security pyramid, exploring the various components of SAP security, and identifying the top threats to your SAP platform.
- Chapter 2 – Building Blocks for a Secure SAP Platform: Learn about the crucial building blocks that form the foundation of a secure SAP platform, including platform security, compliance, and reliability, with insights and solutions from SUSE.
- Chapter 3 – Keeping Up with Patches and Updates: Discover the importance of regular patching and updates, and establish effective policies to ensure the timely application of necessary fixes, including best practices provided by SUSE.
- Chapter 4 – Vulnerability Management: Understand the difference between patches and vulnerabilities, explore the characteristics of vulnerabilities, and learn how to catalog and remediate them efficiently, leveraging SUSE’s expertise.
- Chapter 5 – Improving on Limited Visibility: Enhance your visibility into SAP configurations, performance, and infrastructure changes to detect and address potential security gaps with insights from SUSE’s innovative solutions.
- Chapter 6 – Secure SAP Best Practices: Implement best practices for minimizing the attack surface, deploying firewalls, enabling data encryption, and adopting effective patching and live patching strategies, leveraging SUSE’s comprehensive security solutions.
- Chapter 7 – The Role of Management and Automation Tools: Discover the crucial role of management and automation tools in ensuring server lifecycle management, security management, and SAP performance monitoring, with insights and solutions provided by SUSE like SUSE Manager and projects like Trento.
- Chapter 8 – Challenges of a Secure SAP Environment in Public Clouds: Navigate the specific challenges of securing an SAP environment in popular public cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform, with guidance from SUSE’s cloud security solutions.
- Chapter 9 – SAP Hardening Guidelines: Explore comprehensive hardening guidelines for SAP HANA® systems, including security settings, firewalls, disk encryption, package selection, and container security, with expertise and solutions from SUSE.
- Chapter 10 – Next Steps: Wrap up your journey through this guide with practical recommendations for the next steps to strengthen your SAP platform security, including further collaboration with SUSE.
This guide will provide you with a better understanding of the importance of maintaining a secure SAP platform and how OS like SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications and management tools like SUSE Manager can help achieve this goal. Read more about how to have a more secure sap platform on www.suse.com/secure-sap and download the guide here: more.suse.com/Secure_SAP_Guide