General support for SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 product family, including SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 11 will be ending on March 31, 2019.
What do you need to do?
First of all, you still have time on your side to plan a course of action that best suits your needs.
Here are some options that you can consider:
- Upgrade to the latest version – SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15.
This is a good opportunity for you to upgrade to the Multimodal OS, SUSE Linux Enterprise 15. As a result, you will gain the platform that best positions you for IT Transformation. Refer upgrade path documentation for information about the upgrade scenarios.
- Extend your support by another 3 years.
You can purchase Long Term Service Pack (LTSS) Support so you can continue receiving maintenance and security patches, as well as get more comprehensive migration, configuration and break-fix technical support, till March 31, 2022.
With Long Term Service Pack Support (LTSS) from SUSE, you can align your support needs with your data center deployment plans. LTSS gives you up to 3 additional years of support on a service pack after its general availability phase ends. This lets you plan ahead for upgrade path at your own pace, and gives you more time to get your operations ready.
With SUSE on your side, you are never alone. Reach out to your local Partner Executive or sales team member, so you can get the help that you need to meet your business needs.
Links for quick reference
- How to upgrade to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
- Long Term Service Pack (LTSS) Support
- SUSE Introduces Multimodal OS to Bridge Traditional and Software-Defined Infrastructure
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
- Is time running out for your SAP Linux support?
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15