What information is stored in SUSE Rancher Hosted and where is it stored?
This document (000020103) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- First and last name of users (aka Display Name)
- Login id and password. Password is stored using one-way encryption and transported using TLS.
- Other user information from GitHub, Okta, Microsoft Active Directory, etc. if authentication integration is enabled.
Cloud Provider Credentials (if provided)
- Amazon Web Services Access Key and Secret Key
- Microsoft Azure Subscription ID, Client ID, Client Secret
- DigitalOcean Access Token
- Linode Access Token
- VMWare vSphere endpoint, Username, and Password
- Similar types of keys, tokens, or credentials for other cloud providers that are enabled by the customer.
Other Application Data
- Catalogs and Helm Charts
- CIS Scan Results
- Cluster Monitoring Metrics (if turned on)
- Cluster infrastructure, including node roles, node hardware specs, node software versions, workload metadata, workload logs.
- Anything else entered by the end-user in the Rancher user interface, API, or CLI which could change from version to version.
Data is stored in our third-party cloud service provider on virtual machines managed by the SUSE Rancher Hosted operations team in the region/country selected by the customer.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020103
- Creation Date: 23-Feb-2022
- Modified Date:23-Feb-2022
- SUSE Rancher
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com