no /dev/disk/by-id for scsi LUNs on VMWare ESX
This document (7002966) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- Start the vSphere Client, and log in to a vCenter Server.
- Select Virtual Machines and Templates and click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Right-click the virtual machine for which you are enabling the disk UUID attribute, and select Power > Power Off.
The virtual machine powers off.
- Right-click the virtual machine, and click Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab, and select the General entry in the settings column.
- Click Configuration Parameters. The Configuration Parameters window appears.
- Click Add Row.
- In the Name column, enter disk.EnableUUID.
- In the Value column, enter TRUE.
- Click OK and click Save.
- Power on the virtual machine.
Add the following to the *.vmx file for the virtual machine:
disk.EnableUUID = "TRUE"
Restart the vm machine and the /dev/disk/by-id/scsi**** should be visible.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7002966
- Creation Date: 04-Apr-2012
- Modified Date:02-Apr-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com