Printers and Faxes window displays "Access denied, unable to connect" under the printer icon.
This document (3867286) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
Microsoft Windows XP
Note: The steps below require root access.
1. add a line "use client driver =yes" to the "[printers] section in the /etc/samba/smb.conf file.
Here is an example of what the file should look like
comment = All Printers
path = /var/tmp
printable = Yes
create mask = 0600
browseable = yes
use client driver = yes
2. In a teminal window as root, type "/etc/init.d/smb restart" to restart samba
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3867286
- Creation Date: 03-Oct-2006
- Modified Date:19-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com