DescriptionThe nfs4_proc_lock function in fs/nfs/nfs4proc.c in the NFSv4 client in the Linux kernel before 2.6.31-rc4 allows remote NFS servers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and panic) by sending a certain response containing incorrect file attributes, which trigger attempted use of an open file that lacks NFSv4 state.
Overall state of this security issue: Resolved
This issue is currently rated as having important severity.
|National Vulnerability Database|
- SUSE-SA:2009:056, published Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2009:060, published Wed, 02 Dec 2009 16:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2009:061, published Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2009:064, published Tue, 22 Dec 2009 18:00:00 +0000
- SUSE-SA:2010:012, published Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:00:00 +0000
List of released packages
|Product(s)||Fixed package version(s)||References|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 |
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 11
Status of this issue by product and package
Please note that this evaluation state might be work in progress, incomplete or outdated. Also information for service packs in the LTSS phase is only included for issues meeting the LTSS criteria. If in doubt, feel free to contact us for clarification.